- redacted is the Historical name of this waterfall.
Though the falls have never officially been named, the current name is a long used and widely recognized one. Sheppard's Dell was named for the wife of George Sheppard, the original landowner, who donated the land to the public (now part of a State Park) in 1915. The falls have long been called after the Dell. The bridge spanning the gorge dates back to 1913, when the original Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway was constructed, and is registered as a National Historic Landmark.
Sheppards Dell State Park is located 4 miles east of Crown Point or about 1 Â¾ miles west of Bridal Veil along the Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway. Parking can be found on the east side of the bridge, with a short trail leading to a viewpoint adjacent to the lower portion of the falls.